On Change, Criticisms and Beauty

6:54 AM

I don't usually write personal blog posts on here, nor do I express and reveal much about what I feel and what I go through as a student, as a daughter, as a sister, friend or girlfriend. I tend to keep this blog professional and work-related but I feel like it's about time that I write something on here that you guys can relate to so here it goes.

The past few months have been a roller coaster ride for me. I've been going through a lot of changes and adjustments especially the past few months and if there's one thing I've learned through all of that, it's the fact that change is the only thing constant in our lives. We go through all kinds of changes throughout our lives whether it may be physical or emotional. These changes either make or break us. These changes either make or break our relationships with other people. The past few months have been incredibly tough and overwhelming for me but with the help of my loved ones, I ended up having a better perception of things. I'm usually a positive person and I always have been but there are certain times when one can't force herself to put a smiling face on and pretend that everything is okay. That was my problem. My mindset has always been to look at the bright side of things. But I realised that sometimes you just have to let yourself feel whatever it is it that you're feeling. To let go of all your grudges, to let go of all the negative things going on in your head and to let go of whatever is hurting you inside. But after all of that, let yourself heal. Let yourself be happy and let people in. Turn to the ones who know you well, turn to the people who can make you smile when you're feeling down. To the ones who genuinely love you and support you. Entering the industry at an early age of 17, was tough but I see it as a blessing. I get to meet all kinds of people who have been through a lot and they serve as guides for me. I believe that you can learn a thing or two from each person that you meet in this world.

Criticisms are often hard to take in but through time you just have to learn how to trust who you are and ignore the names that people call you. Use the negativity in your life as fuel to do better and become a better version of yourself. I know it's easier said than done, but keep up with the perception that these criticisms remind you to keep your feet on the ground. It's a tough world and as a 19-year old I know that this may sound funny or depressing but it's reality. Life is tough but YOU are tougher. People may judge too harshly and quickly but it may be because they tend to forget that we all live different lives and are dealing with different situations. Be more patient and be more gentle with everyone.

This is not just a post about criticisms on physical beauty or how you look like. This post isn't directed at anyone or anything but I wrote this post to help the ones who are struggling with feeling good about themselves. Criticisms can scar people. You have no idea how much your words can affect someone. Calling someone ugly doesn't make you any more beautiful, calling someone fat doesn't make you any thinner, calling someone short doesn't make you any taller and calling someone mean names doesn't make you look any better. We live in a world where people are raised to believe that being beautiful means that you must be pretty, thin or attractive. Where being "beautiful" means that you attract people because of your physical looks. Physical beauty will fade through time but a heart that genuinely loves and cares for people won't. In the end, we will not touch people's hearts and lives because of how good we looked but because of how we treated them. It's all on how you treat the ones around you especially the ones who care about you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but what they think about you is none of your business. What's more important is what YOU think about yourself and please keep that in mind. This is a reminder to be strong but to also be gentle with the ones around you. If you see something beautiful in someone, speak of it. It's the little compliments that really matter to some people.


So here's a 'thank you' to all the people who have criticized and judged me. Here's a 'thank you' to the ones who have hurt me in the past, the present and the ones who may hurt me in the future. Thank you for making me stronger everyday. Thank you for making me realize what really matters in life. Thank you for keeping me going and helping me become a better version of myself. Thank you for helping me strive to be better each day.


Photos by: Don Michael De Leon 





You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love this blog...for one so young, you have such wisdom....keep up the great work.... A fan of KG( Kim & Gil)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really admire u kim and thanks for sharing ur story it's worth reading :)

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe