18

8:30 PM





I have no idea how to express how thankful I am for every single person who has been a part of my life. I also can't believe that I'm finally 18. I know that being 18 doesn't mean that I'm not going to be foolish and I won't make mistakes in the future. I've had my fair share of moments that have made me a better person and I'm expecting a lot more of those especially now that I'm at this point in my life. I'd also like to thank you guys for even being here and reading this article and taking the effort to go to this site just to see what I've written. It means a lot to me and I'd like to thank you for all the support given to me. Here's 18 things that I've learned so far and I'd like to share it with all of you. I may not be the wisest person but come on, I'm 18 and I still have a lot of things to go through but these are things that I live by and I hope you guys appreciate them 😊

1. Surround yourself with people who truly care about you and love you. You deserve to be around people who make you smile without even trying.

2. Remember that everyone you meet is afraid of something, has lost something and is going through something

3. There will always be someone prettier, smarter, taller and funnier than you but the beauty of it is that it's not a competition.

4. There's so much more in life than waiting for someone to want you or make you happy. Make yourself happy and don't rely on others for your happiness instead, let them contribute to it.

5. When you're having a bad night, sleep is the solution. Do yourself a favor and give yourself a break.

6. Remind yourself that being "cool" does not have to be related to making stupid decisions that can harm you and harm others.

7. There is a fine line between desperation and determination.

8. Not everyone will like you and will understand you but that's okay because you really can't please everyone. 

9. You were put on this earth to achieve your greatest self and to live out your purpose. Enjoy your life.

10. What others think of you is none of your business.

11. Don't compare your life to others and don't judge them. We all go through different things.

12. People are people and sometimes we change our minds.

13. Remember that your struggles always lead to your strength.

14. One of the best qualities of a true friendship is to understand and to be understood.

15. Speak your mind and say how you feel. Don't be afraid of losing something because it's better than holding all your feelings in.

16. When you meet people who stick by you regardless of how stupid and difficult you may get, keep and appreciate them because finding someone who can see past your flaws is not something you find everyday. 

17. You don’t know the value of something until it’s taken away from you. But it doesn’t always have to be that way.

18. You're young and you're not perfect. You'll be making more mistakes and you should always learn something from them. Don't be too harsh on yourself.  


Photos by Erica Laraya
Top from Pink Manila and Denim Skirt from Topshop
Cardigan from Zara and Dress from Mango

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm now 18 and I'm loving this article of yours.Yes, people are people and we all are different.I agree that our struggles lead to our strength, theres always a silver lining after every struggles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm now 18 and I'm loving this article of yours.Yes, people are people and we all are different.I agree that our struggles lead to our strength, theres always a silver lining after every struggles.

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe