Travels: Sinulog Festival

7:52 PM

Before I start talking about my very very short trip to Cebu, I'd like to dedicate this post to my one of my best friends, Rina Licup because she's an amazing girl and deserves nothing but the best!! + the Licup family for taking me in during this trip!!

A few days before my trip to Cebu, I had no idea I was even going to Cebu.... The news just came out of nowhere and we were both really excited for it. My friend and I couldn't really believe we were going to Cebu in a few days because first of all, it was in a few days and second, it was the Sinulog Festival. A few dragging days passed and we were on our way to Cebu. It was nice to get away from the city and home for a while because I felt like I needed an escape and some relaxing. Cebu definitely gave me that. The Sinulog Festival is an experience I will never forget because for the first time in forever, I felt a different kind of belonging. The people in Cebu were very nice and welcoming and what was beautiful about the festival, was the equality between people and the fact that your stand in society didn't matter. Everyone from anywhere were all together, dancing together and having fun and it was something really beautiful to see. I met a few people who were from Cebu, from Manila, from different parts of the Philippines and even foreigners who came to the Philippines just to experience this festival. I must say that the day of the festival was one of the longest, thrilling and best days of my life. I can't wait to go back to Cebu soon for a longer period of time! So here's a view of how my trip went and how the amazing Sinulog Festival 2015 went as well! Plus some travel essentials and an outfit post! Hope you guys enjoy reading!
















Here's an outfit feature of a dress that my favorite designer made, my mom! It's made out of satin, chiffon and silk with a Reptilian/Tropical print which is perfect for places like Cebu or semi-formal beach events! Pair it up with sunnies, sandals and put your hair up in a ponytail for a fresh/casual look!







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe